Turkish Passport Classification, Types, and Advantages
Many foreign investors in Türkiye aspire to obtain Turkish citizenship; especially, investors in the real estate field, because the passport has advantages that qualify its holder to roam around the world with ease.
In this article, we will learn about the classification of the Turkish passport for this year and its most unique advantages.
Applying for Turkish Citizenship
Turkish law allows foreigners to obtain Turkish citizenship through several different methods, namely:
- Real Estate Investment: Foreigners can obtain citizenship through real estate investment, after purchasing a property worth 400,000$, provided that it must not be sold for 3 consecutive years and that the owner of the property is of Turkish origin with an evaluation issued by the government evaluation committee at the required value. Here, it must be noted that not every property worth $400,000 is suitable for obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- Bank Deposit: Türkiye grants its nationality to foreigners after depositing an amount of money in a Turkish government bank in the amount of 500.000$, provided that the deposit is not withdrawn for a period of 3 years.
- Marriage: Foreigners, when marrying a Turkish citizen, can obtain citizenship after 3 years of establishing the marriage within the country.
- People of Turkish Origin: Foreigners who have Turkish origins after living in the regions of the Ottoman Empire can apply for citizenship, provided they have the documents that support their application.
- Exceptional Cases: The presidency of the Republic of Türkiye grants the country's citizenship in exceptional cases to distinguished persons who reside within the country and were able to accomplish works that contributed to the country's service and development, such as inventors, artists, and athletes.
- Work Permit: A work permit holder in Türkiye can apply for Turkish citizenship, provided that he has not left the country for 5 consecutive years.
Turkish Passport Classification
The Turkish passport has occupied an advanced position during the current years compared to previous years, thanks to the industrial and urban renaissance that the country is witnessing. This is also in addition to its advanced position among the countries of the world influencing regional events, as Türkiye is now playing a leading role in the region. Also, the agreements signed by the government continuously contributed to raising the ranking of the national passport.
Türkiye has risen seven ranks in the list of countries that have the most powerful passports and now ranks 34th according to many indicators for the year 2023. Here, it should be noted that the mechanism for classifying passports' strength depends on several criteria, the most important of which are: The number of countries allowed to travel to without a travel visa, countries who request a travel visa at airports or on websites, countries that impose a travel visa on passport holders, and travel visa duration.
Types of Turkish Passports
There are 4 types of Turkish passports and each differs in terms of features and what the holder gains. The following are these types in detail:
- Ordinary Turkish Passport: This passport bears a red color and all Turkish and North Cypriot citizens are entitled to obtain it with no criteria or conditions for obtaining it.
- Service Passport: This passport bears a gray color and contains 30 pages. It is granted to Turkish employees who are sent by the state abroad to perform specific tasks.
- Diplomatic Passport: it is a black passport issued to those who travel or work temporarily and based on the nature of their travel or duties. This passport is also granted to the presidents and members of the Turkish National Societies, members and presidents of the Supreme Constitutional Court, and others who hold high positions in the state.
- Private Passport: A green-colored passport granted to persons working in specific or governmental job grades, former ministers, and other deputies.
Turkish Citizenship through Real Estate Investment
Laws in Türkiye stipulate the granting of citizenship in several different ways; the most prominent and easiest is through real estate investment. This is done by purchasing a property with no less than $400.000, as mentioned previously, provided that it is not sold for a full 3 years.
Advantages of Turkish Citizenship
After adhering to the law of applying for Turkish citizenship and then obtaining it, the recipient enjoys many advantages that open many horizons for him/her. The following are some of these advantages:
- Speed of Procedures: Obtaining Turkish citizenship or passport does not take long, as this period does not exceed 4 months only.
- Granting Citizenship to the Family: The family, represented by the wife and children, is entitled to obtain citizenship, except for children who are over 18 years old.
- Disposal of Investments: After obtaining citizenship and the passage of 3 years, your investments can be disposed of and then the money that was paid can be recovered.
- Investment Diversity: The law on obtaining Turkish citizenship provides many options for investors and they can choose the method that suits them in their real estate or commercial investment.
- Low Expenses: This matter relates to the administrative expenses and government fees imposed when adding a family member to the file for the Turkish citizenship application. This matter constantly attracts many investors to Türkiye in particular.
Therefore, as the Homeland Real Estate Company team, we are ready to provide free real estate consultations to fulfill your desire to own a distinguished property. Do not hesitate to contact us at +905377793006.